Section I Indemnity Cover (Applicable for treatment of Cancer and Non Cancer)
- Room (Single Standard A/c), Boarding, Nursing expenses as provided by the Hospital / Nursing Home
- Surgeon, Anesthetist, Medical Practitioner, Consultants, Specialist Fees.
- Anesthesia, Blood, Oxygen, Operation Theatre Charges, ICU charges, Surgical appliances, Medicines and Drugs,etc
- Ambulance charges for emergency transportation to hospital
- Pre-Hospitalization expenses up to 30 days prior to admission in the hospital
- Post-Hospitalization expenses up to 60 days immediately after the insured person is discharged from the hospital up to 2% of the basic sum insured per hospitalization
- All day care procedures are covered.
- The expenses incurred on treatment of cataract are payable upto the limits.
- Expenses incurred towards Cost of Health check-up up to Rs.2,500/- for every claim free year
- The Insured Person is given the facility of obtaining a Medical Second Opinion from a Doctor in the Company's network of Medical Practitioners
Wellness Service: This program intends to promote, incentivize and to reward the Insured Persons' healthy life style through various wellness activities.
The Insured Person can avail the following services: (i) Diet and Nutrition Program: To strengthen/restore the immune system. (ii) Weight Management Program – To maintain healthy weight (iii) Specialist Consultation –Available through Star Tele-health app.
Note:Star Health, its group entities, or affiliates, their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, vendors, are not responsible or liable for, any actions, claims, demands, losses, damages, costs, charges and expenses which a Member claims to have suffered, sustained or incurred, by way of and / or on account of the Wellness Program. Services offered under this are subject to guidelines issued by IRDA from time to time
Rehabilitation and Pain Management: The company will pay the medical expenses for Rehabilitation and Pain Management up to the sub-limit (or) maximum up to 10% of the basic sum insured whichever is less, per policy year.
Hospice Care: Payable up to 20% of sum insured at network providers on indemnity basis, payable once in life time. Available after a waiting period of 12 months from the policy inception
Co-payment: 10% of each and every claim amount for fresh as well as renewal policies for insured persons whose age at the time of entry is 61 years and above
Section II Lumpsum Cover for Cancer (Optional cover available only if specifically opted on payment of additional premium and shown in the policy schedule):
The Company will pay a lumpsum amount as mentioned for the person suffers a recurrence, metastasis, and / or malignancy unrelated to first cancer.
Sum insured under this section is 50% of the Section I sum insured.
Cumulative Bonus (Applicable for Section I only)
5% of basic sum insured for each claim free year subject to a maximum of 50% of the basic sum insured
- 30 days (Not applicable for Accidents)
- 24 months for specified illness/ diseases.
- 30 months for treatment of Pre-existing diseases
Please refer to policy terms and conditions for complete information about exclusions
Instalment Facility: Premium can be paid Quarterly, Half-yearly. Premium can also be paid Annually.
- Any person between 5 months and 65 years of age, who have been diagnosed with Cancer.
- Policy Tenure: One year
Sum Insured options:
Section I: Rs.5,00,000/-, Rs.7,50,000/- and Rs.10,00,000/-
Section II: 50% of Section I sum insured (Sum Insured under Section II cannot vary)
Sum Insured Type: Individual
Amount paid by any mode other than by cash for this insurance is eligible for relief under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act.
Free Look Period:
The Free Look Period shall be applicable on new individual health insurance policies and not on renewals or at the time of porting/migrating the policy.
The insured person shall be allowed free look period of fifteen days from date of receipt of the policy document to review the terms and conditions of the policy, and to return the same if not acceptable.
lf the insured has not made any claim during the Free Look Period, the insured shall be entitled to;
A. a refund of the premium paid less any expenses incurred by the Company on medical examination of the insured person and the stamp duty charges or
B. where the risk has already commenced and the option of return of the policy is exercised by the insured person, a deduction towards the proportionate risk premium for period of cover or
C. where only a part of the insurance coverage has commenced, such proportionate premium commensurate with the insurance coverage during such period